At Trinity Early Childhood Academy we have two important priorities:
1) Provide quality childcare that ensures the trust and supports the needs of our families
2) Teach and care for the young minds and hearts of each child we serve on all levels: spiritual, moral, social, physical, emotional and intellectual.
Our Program At-A-Glance
- Quality childcare for children six weeks to six years
- We are a HSD 4K Partner as part of our full day Owls classroom
- Safe, nurturing, Christ-centered environment
- Christian-based education
- Experienced Early Childhood Education teachers
- All Staff fully trained in CPR and First Aid
- Operating Hours: Monday–Friday, 6:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks included in tuition
- Peanut- and tree nut-aware environment
- Fully licensed by the State of Wisconsin and the Department of Health and Social Services
How We Accomplish Our Mission
- Communicate regularly with families to support their needs and ensure their trust.
- Staff highly qualified teachers who are attentive, nurturing and compassionate.
- Teach a Christian-based education through bible stories, songs, prayer, and related arts and crafts.
- Support a Christ-centered, encouraging environment where children can confidently learn, express their ideas, and develop their own personalities and skills.
- Follow a daily schedule of individual and group learning, free play, their own personalities and skills.
- Follow a daily schedule of individual group learning, free play, outside play and rest periods.
- Include daily activities of art, music, language and math, large motor skills building, social experiences, playtime, and snack time.
- Integrate enrichment experiences: on-site field trips, cooking activities, guest speakers, and biweekly chapel.
- Utilize a variety of settings on-site: a spacious gymnasium, three secure, age-appropriate outdoor play areas, and a natural playground/outdoor classroom.
- Implement a curriculum that is thematically and developmentally based, in accordance with the Wisconsin Model of Early Learning Standards, and designed to progressively become more academic with a kindergarten-readiness focus.
Meet our Director of Early Childhood Ministries
Hi my name is Shannon DeVos and I have been with Trinity for the past 6 ½ years as Director of Early Childhood Ministries, Wrapcare, and Trailblazers at the Academy. I have an 8 year old son Liam, who attends Trinity Academy. Liam and I moved to Hudson, Wisconsin in 2013 from our home state of Iowa. I recently graduated with my Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from UWRF. My son Liam and I enjoying being outdoors, being active with sports especially hockey, being around family and friends. When we are not at school, Liam and I travel to Iowa as we have several family and friends located in the Iowa City area. We are still avid Iowa Hawkeye fans and attend most of the home football games in Iowa City. We also cheer on the Chicago Bears and the Chicago Cubs. My new role as Director of Early Childhood Ministries has given me several opportunities to lead and guide new staff and students. Being able to mentor staff to promote high-quality early learning for all children by connecting practice and policy has always been a gift and talent of mine. My mother, Stephanie DeVos has been a mentor for me growing up along with John Wooden. Two quotes I have learned from them, my mother; “Make it a great day”. A favorite quote of mine by John Wooden; “Success is a peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.”
My Favorite Bible Verse
This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. – Psalm 118:24
My Greatest Joy in working in a Christian School
Working in a Christian environment my mission as an educator and administrator go beyond just teaching academics. I know God has called me to lead in my current position as an administrator but also looking for Him to change lives, regardless of where I serve. As a Christian educator and administrator, I want to do more than just inspire students and staff to love academics. I also want to make a real and lasting impact in their hearts and lives. I strive to help them grow in character and wisdom and experience the greatest joy when we see Christ work directly in their hearts.
I Love Trinity Academy Because
Coming from Iowa, I worked in the public schools or private childcare settings so I had no experience working in a Christian environment. Being with Trinity since 2013 I will never go back to a public school system as I love being able to openly discuss your love for Christ. Love is the most powerful force on earth and the one that can make the biggest difference in a child’s heart. Yet sometimes it’s hard to demonstrate true, genuine love. Especially when a particular kiddo’s not being very lovable. Working at Trinity I have opened up my heart to receive God’s love for me and I now know that love is not a feeling. Love is a choice. And on the days when love is hardest, we must choose to show love.